Sunday 28 August 2011

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren which gives bloggers a chance to share the books, swag, etc. that they've received each week.

***
 

Book title links go to Goodreads profiles.

Sirenz by Charlotte Bennardo and Natalie Zaman (+ swag bag): I won this from Lisa at Read Me, Bookmark Me, Love Me. It looks so fun! I'm looking forward to reading it. This actually came last week, but I somehow forgot to include it in that IMM post so, here it is! Thanks, Lisa!

Abandon by Meg Cabot (signed!): Thank you so much to Heidi from YA Bibliophile for this one! This one also came last week, actually on the same day as Sirenz - guess my brain decided to temporarily erase that day from memory?

Captivate by Carrie Jones: I read this one on Friday, and liked it a lot more than the first book. Review should be up... someday. (From the library.)

Mercy by Rebecca Lim: This one is also from the library. I've heard mixed reviews for this one but it sounds pretty good. 

Glimmerglass by Jenna Black: I have a huge thing for faeries so I'm excited to start a new series about them. Another library loan.

The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan: I bought this from Chapters last Sunday right after posting my IMM and read it straight away. I liked it a lot! Especially Anubis - every time he comes into a scene, my only reaction is "heheheeeeeeeee!"

Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr: This was on sale for $7 at Chapters (hardcover) and I loved the first two books in the series so I went for it. Fair warning: my thoughts after reading will probably be: SETH. I LIKE HIM. I WANT HIM. WANTWANTWANT.

What I didn't get this week but should have:

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead:

Why don't I have this yet?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!

***

Hope you had a great book week (FILLED WITH BLOODLINES)!

11 comments:

  1. Excellent selection of books you got this week. New follower. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have Bloodlines either! :/. WHY? Still, awesome books this week! Sirenz looks so good, I hope you like it! And I really enjoyed Abandon :). Glimmerglass is pretty good too - happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a bit meh about bloodlines if I'm honest. FE is probably my least fave of the WL books, but if you like Seth you'll probs love it ;)

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah i was wondering why there was an x thru bloodlines. i hope you get it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you didn't get bloodlines. I am sure we'll be seeing it in next weeks IMM. Mercy has a beautiful cover, my eyes were drawn to it right away.

    Here's my IMM for this week--> http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2011/08/in-my-mailbox-my-first-vlog.html

    Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THERE IS SOMETHING PSYCHOLOGICALLY WRONG WITH YOU. ADRIAN IVASHKOV DISOWNS YOU.

    Ooh I love Fragile Eternity! If I recall... lotsa Seth in it, no doubt making Happy Sonia :D Can't wait to read you thoughts of Glimmerglass, I've been contemplating whether to get that or not. Need me some more faerie. Great books, enjoy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover of Sirenz. It also sounds pretty cute. Have fun with your new reads!
    Here is my IMM:
    http://literaryjunkie11.blogspot.com/2011/08/in-my-mailbox-16.html
    Happy Reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. have 5 of your 8 :) Great books this week!! Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice set of books this week. Abandon is on my TBR list. It sounds like a good book.
    Happy reading,
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been wanting to read Abandon for so long. I hope you enjoy it and the rest of your new reads plus eventually get your hands of Bloodlines :-)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I loved Captivate! Its a great book...Once you finish it you'll be obsessed until you read Entice, then even still you will be crazy for the next edition. I picked up Mercy and Bloodlines but I haven't had time to start them yet. I'm confident that they will be Awesome! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete