Wednesday 27 April 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (7)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. The purpose of the event is to spotlight the upcoming releases that readers are most looking forward to.

This week, I've chosen...
Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
Publisher: Scholastic
Release Date: May 24, 2011

From bestselling, Printz Award-winning author Libba Bray, the story of a plane of beauty pageant contestants that crashes on a desert island. Teen beauty queens. A "Lost"-like island. Mysteries and dangers. No access to email. And the spirit of fierce, feral competition that lives underground in girls, a savage brutality that can only be revealed by a journey into the heart of non-exfoliated darkness. Oh, the horror, the horror! Only funnier. With evening gowns. And a body count.
Okay, does this book not sound hilarious to you? It sure does to me! I mean, come on, teen beauty pageant contestants forced to fight for survival on a desert island with no access to email in non-exfoliated darkness. 'Oh, the horror' is right! This book sounds delightfully funny and I'm sure I'll have a great time reading it. Can't wait!

So, readers, what are YOU waiting for this week? Leave a comment and let me know!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds good, I've seen it on a few other blogs - I think the cover is FAB!

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds like a fabulous summer read!:) The whole idea of a Lost-like island (my fav TV show) and pretty girls fighting sounds so interesting and hilarious!:) Nice choice!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is making it's way around! I can't wait to read it.

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome choice! I am also looking forward to this one!

    ReplyDelete