Saturday 19 March 2011

Fallen by Lauren Kate

Fallen by Lauren Kate

Publisher: Delacorte Press
ISBN: 978-0-385-73893-4
Pages: 452

There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori. Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at Sword & Cross boarding school is Savannah. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are screwups, and security cameras watch every move.

Except Daniel wants nothing do to with Luce - he goes out of his way to make that very clear. But she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, Luce has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret... even if it kills her.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, FALLEN is a page-turning thriller and the ultimate love story.
Loved this one! The story was fast-paced and exciting throughout without a single dull moment.

Fallen captured me from the start with its intriguing prologue. I think the thing that really attracted me to it was how we got to know Daniel before the story in the proper timeframe even began. Even with only a few pages, his personality shines through and I found that I kept flipping back throughout the rest of the book to read certain lines again.

Now, to talk about characters! I'm a character lover and these ones didn't disappoint. I found the main character, Luce, easy to relate to even though the trials she experiences are things I've never had to deal with. The two boys vying for Luce's attention, Daniel and Cam, both had their merits but in my mind, Daniel was the clear winner from the start (the prologue might have helped...).

The ending! Oh, the ending. I'll say this: I wasn't expecting that. It came fast and strong and only added to the mysterious aspect of this entire thrilling love story. The book ends on a high note with lots of room left for future books.

Cover Comments: I have a confession: I love pictures of trees. I don't know why, I just always think that the branches are stunning when captured through a lens. Keeping that in mind, it's easy to guess that I loved this cover as well. The dark colour scheme fits the book really well and I like the model they chose for Luce even if I think her hair should definitely be shorter. The dress is beautiful. Excellent cover!
-

Other titles from Lauren Kate include: The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove, Torment, Passion (June 14, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment